An Introduction to Talentopoly
In case you haven’t heard of it, there is a new community dedicated to the IT trifecta: Developers, Administrators and Designers. If you don’t think designers are within the realm of IT, then you probably don’t work much with the interwebs. The community is Talentopoly.com and it has a few key points:
- Share content with others by posting interesting links.
- Ask burning questions about whatever IT topic is on your mind.
- Get noticed by others by posting your resume.
The general goal of involvement at Talentopoly is to mingle and learn. It has a rather cozy atmosphere and membership is invite only as of this post. Incidentally, if you want an invite just send me your email address via my contact form.
The Talentopoly Podcast
Just recently Jared Brown, the founder of Talentopoly, along with Developer / Designer Super Hero Brandon Corbin and Designer par excellence Stephen Dixon, have started the Talentopoly Podcast. In Jared’s own words:
I’ve teamed up with @BrandonCorbin (developer & designer – wearer of many hats) and @StephenMDixon (designer extraordinaire). The three of us will be recording a 30 – 60 minute weekly podcast. We’ll be discussing some of the best programming, design, and IT related links posted on Talentopoly.com every week.
The show is all about having fun while talking tech so we’ll be drinking a few beers, wine, or whatever other refreshing beverages we can find.
As of this post, there have been two podcasts produced, but iTunes hasn’t published it yet. They’re working on that. Here’s what was talked about in the first two episodes:
Episode 1 – Adobe Loves to Bankrupt Us All
We Talk About
Episode 2 – Please Use WebKit Microsoft
We Talk About
- Apple releases tool to create external Lion recovery drives
- Apple to Lodsys: you’ll have to go through us to sue iOS devs
- CSS – text-overflow property is interesting …
- There Will Be No Files In The Cloud
- How I Explained MapReduce to My Wife
- Five Lessons From a Year of Tablet UX Research
- The Node Beginner Book » A comprehensive Node.js tutorial
- MongoDB GUI administration tool for PHP, built on Vork
- Project Management Software, CRM, Sales, Intranet
- Whitespace – Why is it important?
Head on over to podcast.Talentopoly.com and give it a listen! Who knows? Perhaps your Talentopoly post could be the next big discussion.