UPDATE: This offer has expired as of 2011.
Microsoft has launched a program to help individuals further their existing IT career or start a new career in IT. It’s called the “Career Campaign” program. With this program, you can select a voucher code that can be used for as few as one exam or as many as five exams. Each time you use the voucher code to book an exam you will receive a percentage off of the booking price and will also receive a free second shot on each of the exams you book should you fail the first attempt.
A “Career Campaign” voucher that is good for only one exam is subject to slightly different rules. Instead of a percentage off for booking the exam, you actually pay 15% more on the initial payment, however that 15% extra allows you to have a second shot should you fail the exam. If you pass it on the first try, yes, that means you paid an extra 15% for a single exam – but at least you had peace of mind knowing you can retake for much cheaper. If that’s any consolation.
Let me give you three examples:
1) Jessica is a SysAdmin who wants to get an MCITP in Enterprise Messaging for Exchange 2007. That particular MCITP requires three exams: 70-632, 70-633 and 70-634. She selects a 3-exam Career Campaign pack voucher. She uses that voucher when signing up at Prometric.com for each of her three exams. She receives a 15% discount when she pays for each exam and also gets a free second shot with each exam should she fail it.
2) Wesley is a SysAdmin who needs just one more exam to finish his MCITP:Enterprise Administrator (that would be me, by the way). He uses a single exam voucher to book his exam. He pays 15% more (a total of $143.75 USD) but has the added protection of a free second shot should he fail his first attempt (which wouldn’t be the first time that has happened).
3) Finally, Tara is an IT noob who wants to go certification crazy. She uses a 5-exam pack to book each of her 5 exams. She pays 20% less for each booking and also receives a free second shot for each exam. Tara is happy. Microsoft is happy. The trees are happy because certifications from Microsoft are sent via PDF and no longer printer on paper. Rejoice!
Some other bits of useful information convcerning this promotion:
- FULL DISCLOSURE ALERT: For every voucher code that is successfully used, I receive 10 points in my Learning Rewards account. I can convert those points into “Rewards”. Currently there is only one reward available: a three month XBox Live Gold card, which is utterly useless to me since I don’t own an Xbox.
- If you fail an exam, you must request a retake voucher using this Prometric form. You must wait 72 hours after failing an exam to request a retake voucher.
- Only commercial exams (070) are eligible for this offer.
- You have to obtain the voucher and sit for the exam by June 30, 2011
- If you have questions you can contact Microsoft at [email protected]
- You can only register one exam at a time and you cannot register for a second exam until you have taken the previous one.
Without further rambling, here are some USA Career Campaign vouchers free for the taking. If you use a code, post which one you used in the comments so I can remove it from the list. If you need more, want codes for a different country or want to make a “bulk order”, let me know. I can create as many as necessary in any country on the planet.
Career Campaign – 5 Exam Pack (USA)
- 5V007—– [used]
Career Campaign – 4 Exam Pack (USA)
Career Campaign – 3 Exam Pack (USA)
Career Campaign – 2 Exam Pack (USA)
Career Campaign – 1 Exam Pack (USA)